Sunday, September 27, 2009

UAS, Comm Daily and Me!

HI!

I am really excited this week. Why, do you ask? Well, I would love to tell you.

I was quoted this past week in an article in Wednesday’s Communications Daily (Vol. 29, No. 183). Communications Daily calls itself the nation's preeminent telecommunication industry news source which provides its readers with immediate, accurate and insightful coverage. It is the only publication the FCC buys for each and every of its employees.

I was interviewed by Scott Billquist, their Geneva, Switzerland correspondent. He found me from a press release he found online about an international Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) group that I chair.

The interview was conducted via telephone and several rounds of email. Scott keep his promise of letting me see the quotes he attributed to me before posting his article so I could review and make any corrections.

The article is titled, “Satellite, Airline Interests Divided Over Regulation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems”. Access to sufficient radio frequency spectrum is essential for UAS operations.

As the article explains, the fixed-satellite service operators are concerned that possible allocation action taken at the next World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) in 2012 to accommodate UAS may affect their business. So stay tuned.

The WRC, which produces a formal treaty regarding spectrum use, meets for four weeks and is attended by nearly two thousand delegates from almost two hundred countries. The conference will take place in Geneva, Switzerland. I have been involved with WRC-95, WRC-97, WRC-2000, WRC-2003, WRC-07 and I am heavily involved in US preparations for WRC-2012.


The entire article can be seen here:
http://www.aticourses.com/MarkLewellen_UAS_CommunicationsDaily_Article.pdf


For more information, please see:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/marknlewellen

http://www.expertclick.com/9424/Mark_Lewellen.aspx

http://www.aticourses.com/unmanned_aircraft_systems.html

No comments:

Post a Comment